While addressing the National Religious Broadcasters, Vice President Mike Pence made a bold statement about President Donald Trump. Even among conservatives, what he said was eye-opening.
When Donald Trump announced his candidacy for President, he received plenty of criticism. It didn’t all come from the liberal media, who were threatened at what he might do, either. Even established conservatives were attacking him. Many claimed Trump was a “secret Democrat” who was just trying to trick Republicans into supporting him.
Many questioned his commitment to conservative values. Some doubted he would ever make good on his promises to restore the U.S. economy, uphold the rule of law, and wage war with radical, Islamic terror. It gave rise to “NeverTrumpers,” a group of conservatives who opposed the candidate tooth and nail.
Thankfully, this group was not successful. Donald Trump won the nomination and the election. Today, we are seeing just what kind of conservative leader he is. That includes his commitment to crucial issues that mean life or death for millions of Americans.
Vice President Mike Pence had an opportunity to discuss those issues when he spoke before the National Religious Broadcasters. Without splitting words, he boldly announced that Donald Trump is the most pro-life President in history.
- Vice President Mike Pence got right to the point Tuesday when he addressed the National Religious Broadcasters’ 75th annual meeting in Nashville.
- “Allow me to bring greetings to you from the most pro-life president in all of history, President Donald Trump,” Pence told an audience at a luncheon hosted by the Susan B. Anthony List and Life Issues Institute, a newly merged anti-abortion organization, the Tennessean reported.
- “To all of you who are gathered here, to religious broadcasters who have made a difference for the cause of life, we thank you.”
- Pence lauded the Trump administration’s pro-life record, naming a number of measures enacted by the president. He also drew attention to his tie-breaking vote in the U.S. Senate to pass a legislation that withholds federal funds from Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers. [Source: Fox News]
It’s a bold statement to make, considering the stance previous Presidents had on abortion. But, it is most likely true. While Presidents like Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush took measures to protect the unborn, President Donald Trump is poised to do much more.
Thanks to former President Barack Obama, abortion grew in the United States. Funding for Planned Parenthood increased. In fact, the U.S. began funding abortions overseas in foreign countries. Much of that has come to an end under President Trump. He is planning on doing much more to protect the sanctity of life in America. Trump has promised, on numerous occasions, that — should he appoint the Supreme Court Justices — Roe V. Wade would be overturned. That’s a goal few previous Presidents could even imagine.
Mike Pence continued to list the remarkable achievements of the Trump administration, after only one year.
- The vice president lauded the Trump administration’s first-year progress during his roughly 25-minute long afternoon talk. He covered topics ranging from school safety to fighting terrorism. A few remarks brought the audience to their feet, including the decision to move the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
- That resonated with John White, of Results Business Solutions in Terrel, N.C. He supports recognizing the city as Israel’s capital.
- “For Christians and believers, we know how powerful that is for us to support the Jewish nation,” White said. [Source: Tennessean]
For many long years, honest Americans had to sit by as radical liberals destroyed our values and ways of life. To make matters worse, the liberal elites in Washington, D.C., and the media mocked and ridiculed us for our convictions. They talked down to us, ignored us, and branded us as the enemy.
It was only a matter of time before a strong, uncompromising person like Trump would surface. His dogged determination to end abortion (among many other goals) is a direct response to the way liberals have been running amuck. The left has abandoned all respect for a vast majority of Americans. Now, they are paying for it.
President Trump has appointed staff that upholds his vision. Instead of radical activists infesting his cabinet, he’s chosen leaders who will fulfill the vision of making American great again. Ending the heinous and barbaric practice of abortion might be their greatest — albeit most difficult — challenge.
- The vice president has been using his position to advocate and energize the pro-life movement in America. Last year, Pence addressed the March for Life crowd in Washington, declaring that “life is winning” in the U.S.
- “Life is winning in America and today is a celebration in that progress,” Pence said last year. “We’ve come to a historic moment in the cause of life and we must approach it with compassion for every American. Life is winning in America because of you.
- “Let this movement be known for love,” he added to thunderous applause. “Not anger. For compassion. Not confrontation.” [Source: Fox News]
Much still needs to be done in order to see abortion ended once and for all, but if any progress is ever going to be made, it’s with this President.
Scroll down to the comments and tell us what you think.