Latest News

Home Depot Co-Founder Fires Back at Trump Haters in New Facebook Post

Home Depot co-founder and billionaire Bernie Marcus is firing back at social media trolls issuing him “vicious threats” after he announced he’d be giving much of his wealth to charity and also helping President Trump’s re-election campaign.

Per NPR, calls to boycott the retailer took off this week on social media as news spread that Marcus told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution late last month that he plans to support Trump’s bid for another term.

“If you plan on buying a hammer, wood, or ANY home improvement items from Home Depot, you may as well send donations DIRECTLY to trump’s 2020 campaign,” read one tweet under the hashtag #BoycottHomeDepot.

Home Depot spokeswoman Margaret Smith said in a statement to NPR that Marcus retired more than a decade ago and is not speaking on behalf of the company. “In fact, as a standard practice, the company does not endorse Presidential candidates,” she said.

President Trump tweeted his support for Marcus amidst the backlash.

From Yahoo

Billionaire Home Depot co-founder and noted philanthropist Bernie Marcus — forever a feisty fella even at the youthful age of 90 —has no plans to run from his fresh batch of social media trolls.

Marcus has been under fire all week after telling the Atlanta Journal-Constitution he supported President Donald Trump’s election bid. The now frequent Fox News commentator didn’t stop there, however. Marcus told his hometown digital paper that he plans to support Trump’s re-election bid. The president deserves kudos for a strong jobs market, pushing back on China on trade and taking action against Iran, according to Marcus.

Obviously, that hasn’t sat well with the anti-Trump crowd. Said legion has since taken to Twitter calling for a boycott of Home Depot (HD). The home improvement retailer has tried to distance itself from Marcus, noting he hasn’t been with the company for nearly 20 years.

After several Facebook posts this week on the issue, Marcus dropped the hammer on his critics on Wednesday. Here is what he wrote in a new Facebook post:

“I woke up this morning thinking it was going to be another great day. I’ve been celebrating with friends, family and the community since I turned 90. I’ve told you about the gracious gift of $117 million that was collected and given in my honor to four charities that mean a lot to me. All that happiness blew up because I said in a newspaper interview that I have supported and will continue to support Donald Trump.

Boom!

Negative stories… vicious threats, without cause, to boycott the company that has enabled my foundation to give billions to support autism, medical research, education, heart and neurological issues like stroke, and to help our veterans. The company that I retired from in 2002 and have not had a business relationship with in almost 20 years. A company that has employed more than a half-million people. The people who work there are affiliated with both political parties or no party at all. They are of all religions and all colors and backgrounds. Why would people want to hurt them?

All because I give my voice and some of my money to our President. Am I in China? Argentina? Russia? That’s what it feels like to me.

It saddens me that our country has come to this, where I, as a private citizen, cannot express my feelings. It angers me and it saddens me, but it sure as hell is not going to stop me. If you thought it would, you’ve got the wrong guy.

In the next ten years, God willing, I will accomplish more to save this world than my critics will do even if they had forty lifetimes.”

When you share to your friends you greatly help distribute our content. Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you, we appreciate it!

Most Popular

To Top